Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWebGrid Version 8.3 - ShowExpand for Row not working
posted

I've set the the grid to LoadOnDemand = manual and Browser=xml and ViewType=Hierarchical but when I set the ShowExpand for each of the rows the expand image never shows nor does the left hand column where it would be appear.

I even copied the sample code for Load On Demand - Manual into a test page in my project but that doesn't work either. I can provide screenshots and source code if someone would *please* help!

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi,

To expand the UltraWebGrid rows, the LoadOnDemand or the Browser can't be set to "XML". In other words you have to set the LoadOnDemand = manual and the Browser = Auto.

When the AJAX is turned on with the LoadOnDemand = XML and Browser = XML, the rows in the parent band gets populated first and then the child rows get loaded on demand. For example when the expansion indicator is clicked, the rows present corresponding to that parent row gets rendered. When the AJAX is not on, then all the rows gets loaded at the first place and on the client side the child band rows are kept hidden and are made visible when the expansion indicator is clicked. Hence the ExpandAll method works fine.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Children