Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Need help with serious issue!
posted

Hi,

I've been spending hours over a problem I can't seem to resolve.

I have populated a hierarchical webgrid with a custom collection containing 2 bands. I added the code to populate the webgrid on page load and everything works fine. I'm able to click on the '+' button and drill down into the details. 

However, when I moved the code(to populate the grid) into a button click event, this is what happens:

1) I load the page - grid is empty

2) I click on the button, - grid is loaded

I'm still able to see the '+' button, but when I click on it, nothing happens. It changes to '-' but the sub webgrid doesn't appear. clicking on it further does nothing, the '-' doesn't even change back to '+'. 

My page load event is empty.

The only other code I have is in the InitializeLayout event which consists of : UltraWebGrid1.DisplayLayout.LoadOnDemand = LoadOnDemand.Automatic;

I have tried adding this line of code into page load and in my button click event, but the problem still persists. 

Please help! 

PS: I'm using Infragistics 7.1

Parents
No Data
    posted

I just noticed another odd behaviour.

I moved the code back into page load, and encompassed it within if(!Page.IsPostBack) { }, and problem occured. 

This is how my code looks like:

UltraWebGrid1.DataSource = requestList;

UltraWebGrid1.DisplayLayout.ViewType = Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.ViewType.Hierarchical;

UltraWebGrid1.DataBind();

It works completely fine without if (!Page.IsPostBack) { }

All my controls are in an ASP.NET Update Panel. I tried removing the update panel, but it still yield the same results.

Can anyone ascertain what the problem might be?

Children