Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problem with displaying Webcombo in Webgrid
posted

Hi,

I am facing a weird problem. I am unable figure out the mistake in my code. Here is my problem:

I've set EditrorControlID of a column in a webgrid to webdatechooser and another column's EditorControlID to a webcombo. Initially, when the page loads, these two controls are getting displayed on the screen (figure 1). How can they be in default hidden state? When the grid actually has data and I clik in the respective cell, then the controls disappear form the initial place where they are displayed. It works fine after that (figure 2).

Another problem as you can see here (figure 3) is that the dropdown values are not getting displayed completely. Here is the markup for that:

<igsch:WebDateChooser ID="DynamicWebDateChooser" runat="server" StyleSetName="Office2007Black" EnableAppStyling="true" StyleSetPath="~/ig_res/">
                    <ExpandEffects Type="Fade" Opacity="100" ShadowWidth="1" />
                    <ClientSideEvents AfterCloseUp="StartDateWebDateChooser_AfterCloseUp" />
                    </igsch:WebDateChooser>
                    <igcmbo:webcombo id="CommentsSignoffCombo" runat="server" Width="165px" 
                        Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="10pt" Version="4.00"
                        StyleSetName="RubberBlack" EnableAppStyling="true" StyleSetPath="~/ig_res/">
                    <ExpandEffects ShadowColor="LightGray"></ExpandEffects>
                    <DropDownLayout bordercollapse="Separate" colheadersvisible="No"
                        gridlines="Horizontal" rowheightdefault="20px" DropdownWidth="165px"
                        rowselectors="No" tablelayout="Fixed" DropdownHeight="100px" version="4.00">
                        <framestyle backcolor="Silver" borderstyle="Ridge" borderwidth="2px"
                            cursor="Default" font-names="Verdana" font-size="10pt" height="100px"
                            width="165px">
                        </framestyle>
                        <RowStyle BackColor="White" BorderColor="Gray" BorderStyle="Solid"
                            BorderWidth="1px" Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="10pt">
                        <BorderDetails WidthLeft="0px" WidthTop="0px" />
                        </RowStyle>
                    </DropDownLayout>
                </igcmbo:webcombo>

Please help me with this.

Thanks,

Kala

Parents
    posted

Issue 1 (hide control at load time): You could set Visible="false" to both the controls. It will be displayed automatically when data is populated in it.

Issue 2 (drop down value display): Try setting ColWidthDefault and TableLayout properties.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Reply Children