Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebGrid slow in IE 8 with 200 rows and 200 columns
posted

Hi,

I have a grid with 200 rows and 200 columns. In IE8 the grid is very slow. In IE7 or Firefox the grid works without performance problems. I have test it with the latest 2009 Vol.1 sersion and with the 2009 Vol 2. version.

I can not see that this problem is fixed.

Can you help me?

Regards

Marco

Parents
    posted

Marco,

Is this regarding WebGrid or WebDataGrid?

You'd originally posted this as a reply to a thread in the WebGrid forum.  I also see that you have a support case open (case number CAS-35071-DFDZ4S) which is listed as for WebDataGrid.  Which one is correct?

Either way, 200 columns is a lot of data.  That's 40000 cells, each of which will have its own HTML elements and client-side object model (CSOM) objects, above and beyond the content of the cells themselves.  That's also quite a lot of data for any user to attempt to absorb.

There are options available for limiting how much HTML is generated on a row-by-row basis, which varies depending on which grid you're using.  You will likely want to reduce the number of columns in addition.

Even with all this in mind, this is something that we'll need to investigate in more detail, since you're not seeing the same performance issues in IE 7 or Firefox.  This will require in-depth research, which is best done through the support case you've already logged.

Reply Children