Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Is it possible to animate open/close?
posted

Pretty simple question, but I can't figure it out.  I want to be able to add an animation to the closing and opening of the xamWebDialogWindow. Is it possible, and, if so, how?

Thanks!

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hi

The XamWebDialogWindow does not come with any built-in transitions. One suggestion is to submit a feature request with product management:

http://devcenter.infragistics.com/Protected/RequestFeature.aspx

However, you can work-around this and create your own transitions. The trick is to place the dialog window into a panel (such as a Grid) where you set the Grid Opacity to 0 and the WindowState for the dialog window to Hidden. On Open, launch an animation which will set WindowState to Normal, then transition the container Grid Opacity to 100 percent. For this to work, the RestrictInContainer property for the dialog window must be set to True. In effect you are allowing the container to affect the initial rendering of the window. Be aware that restricting the dialog window to the container will affect movability. The outer grid should be big enough to facilitate this if the dialog is movable.

I hope this isn't too complicated. If it is, I can send you a sample.

Thanks!

Children