Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Can I create xamPivotDataSelector off metadata only?
posted

I was to use the xamPivotDataSelector off my own metadata to drive a query that will then return a result set which I can then bind to the datasource of the grid.  Unfortunately it seems I can only bind to my own objects using FlatDataSource.  This requires a result set, e.g. the response from a pre run query.

Is there any way for me to populate a xamPivotDataSelector manually on the fly?  E.g. I am going to query a business tier which will supply dimensions, measures etc. I want to put them in the selector so a user can drop them into rows and columns/measures, then I grab those, query the backend and get back a dataset I can bind to another grid/selector for further slicing and dicing.

Is this possible?  I want to use it like you can in excel, which points to a datasource, which shows the fields you can use, u pick them all then it goes and queries (I will intercept events and build/run queries on the fly)

E.g.

xamPivotDataSelector.Measures.Add(myListOfMeasures)

//same for dimensions

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi,

You can populate xamPivotDataSelector only by its DataSource property. DataSource property can be FlatDataSource (it works with custom data) or XmlaDataSource (it works with Analysis server data). If want to work with your own business tier, you should use FlatDataSource.

To manipulate data in selector you should create your own object which should contains the data from which the selector will generate dimensions and measures. If you know the data in advance this is not problem, but if you don’t know your data you should dynamically generate classes for dimensions and measures.   

Please describe me in more details what you try to accomplish, so I will be able to give you more detail  info.

Regards

Todor

Children