Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Events for menu drop down / close
posted

I need to hide a control when the menu has an open pull down (so it won't be clipped by the xamHtmlViewer control)

I am tried with a ChangePropertyAction behavior on MouseEnter/Mouse leave to make the frame non-visible. The problem is when move the mouse to the dropdown the MouseLeave of xamMenu fires and the frame becomes visible and cuts off the drop downs.

Seems crazy to put a behavior on every menu item.

Is there an event of xamMenu that fires when a pull down menu opens and then one when it closes?

I see the Drop event... is that what I need. Is there an undrop or close event? I don't see one listed.

Thanks,

BOb

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hi Bob,

There are SubmenuOpened and SubmenuClosed events, but they are defined on XamMenuItem level. You could subscribe for these events for the root items of your menu instead of capturing MouseEnter/MouseLeave events on the menu.

Attached is a small sample that demonstrates this. I'm toggling the visibility of a Border element when there's an opened submenu.

Hope that helps,

MenuTestProject.zip
Children