Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
newbie asp.net question
posted

Hi....I'm an experienced C/C++/C# developer and I'm trying to do some normal, everyday Asp.net stuff...that is probably brain dead simple.  But I'm about to pull my hair out.

Can someone answer a couple of questions for me?

I have a UltraWebGrid tied to a AccessDataSource and it's displaying fine.  My data is read only and I would like to show some details on the record when the user wants it.

So, I figure that I have two choices and I haven't figured out how to do either.

1. Add a child band and show some the additional data or
  2. Launch an 'full detail' dialog when the user double clicks on the row or something

I couldn't figure out how to get a child band added so I switched to the 'should be simple' child dialog showing details' options, but it wasn't straight forward either.

I THINK my problem is that there is something simple or some keyword that I'm not using to allow me to find what I need.

and how 'bout this asp.net question.  Can I use a constructor on a page?  How do you launch a page with complex context without being about to construct it?...nevermind...  I'm frustrated.

Can someone help me launch a details dialog when someone double clicks on a webgrid row?

thanks,

Gene

Parents
No Data
Reply Children