Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Visual Studio 2010 toolbox for silverlight 10.3 controls?
posted

How can you create a toolbox of silverlight controls in Visual Studio 2010.  I do not see a utility for silverlight to do this with, that I see for windows forms and WPF.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello John,

There is no Toolbox Utility because the controls should be added to the toolbox automatically upon installation.  If you create a new Silverlight application in Visual Studio 2010, the controls should appear in a toolbox tab called "NetAdvantage 10.3 Silverlight".  The controls will not appear if a Silverlight application is not open.  I have attached a screenshot (I have a Japanese VS version, but the toolbox functionality is the same).

If the controls do not appear, you can manually add them by right-clicking on the toolbox and selecting "Choose Items".  They should be listed under "Silverlight Components", and the names of the controls start with "Xam".  Again, the controls should only appear in the toolbox if you have a Silverlight application open.

If this still doesn't help, could you please specify the version number (ex. 10.3.20103.1006) that you are using so I can send this information to developer support?

Elizabeth Albert
    Localization Engineer

Reply Children