Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Webgrid overflowing from frame
posted

I have a webgrid with fixed headers and footers that is having some weird rendering issues in IE 7.  THe grid works beautifully in Firefox and safari, but IE doesn't seem to want to behave.  The attached image shows the problem I am having.  My page is set to XHTML 1.0 transitional mode and I have the webgrid wrapped in a DIV with position: relative in the style, but to no avail.  Nothing seems to work to fix the problem.  Any help would be appreciated.  Here is my markup for the grid:

<igtbl:UltraWebGrid ID="wg" runat="server" Width="810px" Height="350px">
        <DisplayLayout ColWidthDefault="37px" StationaryMargins="HeaderAndFooter" AutoGenerateColumns="False"
            AllowSortingDefault="Yes" RowHeightDefault="20px" HeaderClickActionDefault="SortMulti"
            RowSelectorsDefault="No" Name="wg" TableLayout="Fixed" CellClickActionDefault="NotSet"
            SelectTypeRowDefault="Single" OptimizeCSSClassNamesOutput="true" ColFootersVisibleDefault="yes">
            <HeaderStyleDefault Height="180px">
            </HeaderStyleDefault>
            <FrameStyle Width="810px" Height="350px">
            </FrameStyle>
            <FooterStyleDefault Height="55" Font-Size="8pt" Font-Bold="true" VerticalAlign="top"
                HorizontalAlign="center" Font-Names="Arial">
            </FooterStyleDefault>
        </DisplayLayout>
        <Bands>
            <igtbl:UltraGridBand>
            </igtbl:UltraGridBand>
        </Bands>
    </igtbl:UltraWebGrid>

Parents
No Data
    posted

I've submitted this as a support request, but so far have gotten nothing back.  These rendering errors are becoming increasingly frustrating.  I run into new ones every time a release comes out. 

After some investigation I can add this additional info (which does not fix it at all):

• UseFixedHeaders=true fixes the grid overflow issue in IE, but creates brand new rendering issues (misaligned columns, ignored width of the frame).  In Firefox, using this setting causes the grid to crash with an "Object Reference not set to instance of an object" error.
    • I created a sample project and tried to recreate the error - I could not.  The only difference I can see is that my grid is missing the "position:relative" attribute from the DIV containing the rows of the grid.  The generated code for the sample grid I created contains the "position:relative".  Why the grid renders the attribute in one page and not the other is a mystery to me.  There must be something in the page that the control detects that causes it to leave out that attribute.
Children