Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWebMenu/UltraWebNavigator v6.3 broken in FireFox 4
posted

Hello,

Please help.  We are a small development team and do not wish to upgrade to a new framework at this moment (we really just need a quick fix until we get caught up on other things.)

The problem is the UltraWebMenu breaks in FireFox 4 beta.  The sub-menu items do not appear, and when looking at the Error Console - this error is generated on MouseOver and MouseClick:

Error: subMenu.runtimeStyle is undefined
Line: 375

Is there ANYTHING I can do?  Please help.  Here is the Assembly info:

Assembly="Infragistics2.WebUI.UltraWebNavigator.v6.3, Version=6.3.20063.1059,

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hello theoryTim,

Since your version of Infragistics controls is no longer supported I can only recommend you to install the latest service release for version 6.3 of controls and test this issue again.

You can also download the final version of Firefox 4 and test if there are some changes.

Firefox 4 is created in 2011 and it is possible that Infragistics controls created five years ago will not function as expected in this browser. Actually the Firefox versions 3.5 - 3.6 are supported in controls with versions 10.1 and higher - http://ko.infragistics.com/support/supported-environments.aspx#SupportedEnvironments 

In order to fix this type of issues the full testing and change of scripts under new browser should be made. This type of testing is done for IE 9 and Firefox 4 for the controls with versions 10.1 and higher. Currently we do not have plans to support these browsers with control that have versions prior to 10.1.

Let me know if you need more information about this question.

Children