Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to Persist Settings
posted

Hello,

How can i persist/apply the XamOutlookBar settings? in particular, i want to persist the index of each group (if end user decides to change their order), the visible/collapsed groups and what groups belongs to navigation / overflow area of the control.

Using Persistence Manager does not work as expected, using IProvideCustomObjectPersistence interface and saving the above info, i do not have any method to set index/overflow and navigation items through code.

Thank you in advance,

Michael

Parents Reply
    Offline posted in reply to [Infragistics] Stefana Andreeva

Hello Stefana,

i had similar issues with xamgrid http://community.infragistics.com/forums/p/42230/233672.aspx#233672 and by using a persistencegroup that saves each column and the grid with specific options did the trick.

What i really asked was a solution like the one in the xamgrid thread, or even better, i could create a PersistenceSettings object like the following

public class XamOutlookBarPersistenceSettings

{

public List<string> IndexedGroups {get;set;}

public List<string> HiddenGroups {get;set;}

public List<string> OverflowGroups{get;set;}

public List<string> NavigationAreaGroups{get;set;}

and whatever other property i would like to persist

}

and implement the http://community.infragistics.com/forums/t/57171.aspx (IProvideCustomPersistenceInterface)

Then i would apply the saved settings on XamWebOutlookBar.

How could apply these settings with code behind?? i could not find proper methods to call, as NavigationAreaGroups and OverflowAreaGroups are readonly collections...

Thank you in advance,

Michael

PS

I have a big LOB application and i already compress the persisted settings.

Imagine that there could be 10 docked windows open in a user workspace with one , two grids each one... Imagine the size of the serialized layout if i did not compressed it...

Children