Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
confirmation in UltraWebGrid
posted

Hi,

I have an UltraWebGrid with a column "Delete", column type = Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.ColumnType.Button. When the user clicks in the button, I delete the row (from DB, so it is server side). I want to add a confirmation message to ask to the user for confirmation before deleting the row. I want to do it in the client-side. I tried using AJAX but I didn't find the way to use it in UltraWebGrid. Also, I tried using the DisplayLayout.ClientSideEvents.CellClickHandler and others properties but I couldn't solve my problem.

(Note: I have the UltraWebGrid inside a WebAsyncRefreshPanel)

Thanks

Regards,
Fernando

Parents
    posted

The easiest way would be to add a confirm message to your button click event handler on the client-side.  Basically cancel the button-click if !confirm("are you sure you want to delete this row"). 

Posting back and forth the the server to accomplish this is a bit more complicated.  It also causes some unnecesary traffic so it may effect server performance.  But if you really must handle this on the server, you can use the before row deleted event on the serverside.  Cancel the event so that the grid does not perform the delete.  Instead, make a panel visible which asks about the delete and has 2 buttons.  You should encode the row id into the commandtext for the button, and then on the button event delete the appropriate row. 

-Tony

Reply Children