Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Installing 2012.1 Reporting makes 2011.2 Reporting assemblies unavailable
posted

I installed 2012.1 (everything) tonight, just to look at the docs to see what's changed. But I have not changed any projects to use 2012.1 yet.

But when I went to recompile my solution, all of the 2011.2 Reporting assemblies are not being found.

I'm still looking into this, but beware!

Mike

Parents
    posted

Hi Mike,

Different installations of Reporting can’t coexist, therefore when you install 12.1 it performs an upgrade of your previous installation.

You can use version utility to migrate your projects. You have several options for launching the tool:

1.   You can open it directly from the Start Menu, look for “Version Utility 2012.1” and then choose the solution or projects you want to migrate.

2.   Inside Visual Studio, right click the project or solution you want to migrate and choose “Upgrade Infragistics Version 12.1”

3.   Inside Visual Studio, go to Tools -> Upgrade Infragistics Version 12.1, which will close the solution and open the Version utility to migrate it.

By default the Version Utility tool will do a backup of the migrated files.

Currently we don’t have a help topic explaining how to do it, we will write a blog post shortly explaining the steps required. In the meantime, since the process of migrating a solution/project using the version utility is very similar among products you can refer to this document (targeting Winform) to get more information.

Please, let me now if you need any additional help on this.

If you need to downgrade to 11.2 you would need to uninstall 12.1 first and install 11.2 again.

Best,

Leo

Reply Children