Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
add and deleting rows from a button
posted

I have a data bound grid.

With adding and deleting rows turned on.

I need to be able to  add or delete a record on the grid from a add or delete button that is NOT on the grid.

Parents
    posted

For adding a row from a button ouside the grid. I m using infragistics wed image button. you can use normal asp button also.

<igtxt:WebImageButton ID="btnAddItem" runat="server" CausesValidation="False" Text="New Item"
                                                    ToolTip="Add new Item" AutoSubmit="false">
                                                    <Appearance>
                                                        <Image Url="./Images/img_add.png" />
                                                        <ButtonStyle Cursor="Hand" Font-Names="Arial" Font-Size="8pt">
                                                        </ButtonStyle>
                                                    </Appearance>
                                                    <RoundedCorners RenderingType="Disabled" />
                                                    <HoverAppearance>
                                                        <ButtonStyle Font-Underline="True">
                                                        </ButtonStyle>
                                                    </HoverAppearance>
                                                    <Alignments VerticalImage="Bottom" />
                                                    <ClientSideEvents Click="AddRow" />
                                                </igtxt:WebImageButton> 

I am adding a row to the  grid and setting the value of the two column in the grid.

function AddRow(oButton, oEvent) {
         igtbl_addNew("dgGrid", 0);

var grid = igtbl_getGridById("dgGrid");
         var activeRow = grid.getActiveRow();
         activeRow.getCellFromKey("Col1").setValue(0);  
         activeRow.getCellFromKey("col2").setValue("ABC TEXT");
         activeRow.endEditRow();   

oEvent.needPostBack = false;
    }

For deleting the from the button outside:

How will you identify that which row you want to delete ?

var row = // row you want to delete based on your condition and requirement

row.deleteRow();

Reply Children