Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Will report designer work with MySql?
posted

I have attempted to connect the report designer to a MySql database but the "Data Source Configuration Wizard" just exists.

I can get the new connection setup and tested correctly and get the list of Tables and Views. If I pick a table, view, or enter a select statement, the window just closes.  In the case of a select statement, I get a "Error while running query, please verify that the syntax of the query is correct".

Should the report designer be able to work with MySql?

Thanks,

John

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello John,

We have run some tests using a MySQL database and we found that there's an issue related to the way we handle the SQL queries for this DBMS, so maybe that's the problem you are running into. Could you tell us the NetAdvantage Reporting version and MySQL version you're using?

The only workaround available right now would be that you consume your data using an object data source. You could create the object model yourself or you may try using Entity Framework to do it.

Regards,

Luis

Children