Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Using IE9 Compatibility to Continue Using UltraWebGrid 10.2
posted

Background. My organization's policies force us to use IE 9 under which my NetAdvantage 10 V 2 classic contols (predominently UltraWebGrid) work fine. Last week, however, one of our employees  downloaded IE 10 under the radar and when he opened my project we found to our horror that my grids began seriously misbehaving. After some research, I learned that I probably need to upgrade to Visual Studio 2010 or higher (I'm still using VS 2005) which uses Framework 3.5 and upgrade to NetAdvantage 12 V 2 if I want to run successfully using IE 10.  Further research revealed that UltraWebGrid was "retired" back in 2011 which implies to me that my beautiful 10.2 grids with all of the JavaScript behind them will no longer work after I download 12 V 2, forcing me to start over. We did note, however, that clicking the Compatibility Mode icon in IE 10 appeared to allow my 10.2 grids to work successfully.

Question 1. Is my assumption about starting over correct if I "upgrade" to 12 V 2? i.e., I can no longer use UltraWebGrid.

Question 2. How reliable is using the "Compatibility Mode" icon? Are there features of the UltraWebGrid (e.g., select Javascript code) that won't work while in Compatibility Mode?

Question 3. Has anyone tried using the famous HTML statement "<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible content="IE=9" /> in the page header to force IE 9 comapitbility? If so, has this been successful for you to force the page to think it's running under IE 9? Would it be better to use "IE=Emulate9" ?

My problem is that my project has been in production for several years and the UltraWebGrid control has met my needs very well. I really am not interested in upgrading to introduce new features because my project's life span will probably not exceed another 2 years or so. If easy backward compatibility does the trick for me, I'll be very pleased.

Thanks much!

Parents
    posted

I'm in the same boat.  Question 1, I believe the ultrawebgrid is gone.  2.  All of my stuff works in compatibility mode, so it is pretty reliable.   3.  I can't get it to work, I've tried setting it in the pages and custom headers on the server both with no luck. 

But I can't tell all my users to click on the button......what to do......

Reply Children