Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDateChooser and calls to UltraLicenseProvider.GetLicense
posted

Hi

I have a data entry web form that has a large number of WebDateChooser controls on it - approx 20. The form is a bit slow to load, so I ran a dotTrace profile while loading the form, and found that part of the problem seems to be the amount of time doing this:

License Infragistics.WebUI.Shared.UltraLicenseProvider.GetLicense(LicenseContext, Type, Object, Boolean)

It seems that this gets called twice each time the WebDateChooser is constructed, and the total time spent doing this method call is a factor of 10 greater than anything else that is happening during the page load (including database calls etc).

Is this normal behaviour? or is there something I can configure to ensure that whatever this method does, it does it faster or less often?

I am using WebDateChooser v7.1

Thanks

Stuart

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hi Stuart,

Profilers show us the same perf problem, but when we run the same page without the profiler and use debug statements instead, they show that very little time is spent in this method call. 

I'm not really surprised that the page is running a little slow with 20 webdatechoosers on it.  When you think about it, you have what equates to 20 separate webalendars in your page.  There have been talks to have the WebDateChooser share a single calendar, but at this point each instance has it's own calendar attached.  That's actually quite a bit of html markup genereated for what appears to be a tiny textbox.  Similar problems exist with other dropdown controls like a WebCombo which drops down a grid of data.  It's common to equate small controls with small footprints, especially dropdown controls.  Unfortunately, that's not usually the case. 

You do have options though.  There's a WebDateTimeEdit control which does date formatting, but doesn't have a dropdown calendar associated with it.  You can use this control as is, or follow our community article which explains how to hook up a single dropdown calendar to the WebDateTimeEdit control.

Hope this helps!

-Tony

Children