Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to link a end user with Activity?
posted

I'm planning to use WebSchedule along with its database to store user Activities. 

Qustion: How does WebSchedule database store the information that link user (who is logged in) with his/her Activities? 

Looks like Resource  is what suppose to represent a user. If that is so, then ResourceID needs to be linked with my custom User table, and I will have a table ResourceUserResource with two columns (ResourceID and UserID) where UserID is id of a user in my own database.

Am I on the right track here? 

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

A resource can be a person, place or thing — so yes, you are on the right track.  Resource was chosen to be general enough of a term that it allows for scheduling equipment, or listing events in a conference room, building or city.  Most often, they are the users who own the activities, though.

There is an ActivityResource table that links a resource to its activities in a one-to-many relationship; see Data Model.

Children