Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to focus on the first field in WebDialogWindow
posted

Hi all,

I have a WebdialogWindow, set ContentUrl="Wizards/AddCustomers.aspx" the AddCustomers.aspx page contains a Web tab, inside the tab I have some data fields (WebTextEdit controls) such as First Name, Last Name,...

When I click the left menu item, the Web dialog will be showed (WindowSate: Hidden to Normal) and I want the First Name field should be focused.

My Web Dialog:

<ig:WebDialogWindow ID="WebDialogWindow1" runat="server" Height="325px" Width="550px" Modal="true" WindowState="Hidden"                         MaintainLocationOnScroll="true" InitialLocation="Centered" StyleSetName="Default" BorderStyle="solid" BorderColor="transparent">
            <ContentPane ContentUrl="Wizards/AddCustomers.aspx">              
            </ContentPane>
            <Header Height="25px" CaptionText="Add New Customer" ImageUrl="./images/uppermarkIcon32.ico" ImageCssClass="icon"                         CaptionAlignment="Left" Font-Bold="True" CaptionTextCssClass="wizardCaption" Font-Size="8pt" ></Header>         
</ig:WebDialogWindow>

I set the FocusOnInitialization of WebTextEdit to True, wrote JavaScript, Server side but not successful. :(

Anyone suggest the best solution to resolve this problem?

Please help me!

Thanks. 

Parents
No Data
    posted

The following code will show a dialog window and call the focus method on the webtextedit in the iframe.

var window = $find("WebDialogWindow1");

window.set_windowState($IG.DialogWindowState.Normal);

var iframe = window.get_contentPane().get_iframe().contentWindow.igedit_getById("WebTextEdit1").focus();

You can use the following KB as a reference:

http://devcenter.infragistics.com/Support/KnowledgeBaseArticle.aspx?ArticleID=6689

The "document.frame(int FrameIndex)" referenced in the article is the equivalent of "window.get_contentPane().get_iframe().contentWindow" in my code.

Children