Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebGauge image source url confusion
posted

Hi,

I am using 5 webgauges in a dashboard set up (in a website using C# ASP.Net 2.0 and IG 2008v1).  I create each webgauge as a usercontrol which has some associated lables and buttons.  The problem is that one of the gauge images produced is being used for two of the controls.  The lables are different for each control, becuase the values being used to create the usercontrols are different, but the image source url for the gauge image is the same for two of the controls.  The controls that this is happening to changes when you reload the page.  So it might be the third and forth control with the same gauge image when the page first loads, then you refresh the page and it might be the second and third controls which have the same gauge image.  I am using "FileSystem" as the Deployment Scenario and the gauge ImageURL ends with "/Gauge_#SEQNUM(100).#EXT".  I set the gauge properties such as the BarMarker and TickMarkIntervals and Axis start and end values in the Page_Load() of UserControl that the guage is embeded in, as well as setting the DeploymentScenario properties here.

The code has been working fine on my local machine, and the proble arose when I published the site to our dev server which is running IIS6.0 and ASP.Net 2.

I am not sure where to start looking for the cause of this so any help would be greatly apprieciated.

Cheers,

James.

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

it sounds like the images are being written to the file system faster on the server, and the #SEQNUM is thrown off when two files are written at once.

try changing the #CLIENT token in the ImageURL - this will use the ClientID of the gauge control in the generated filename.  the #SESSION token is also available to add the session ID.  these images still get cleaned up in the Dispose() method of the gauges that generate them.

gauge.DeploymentScenario.ImageURL = "GaugeImages/#CLIENT_#SESSION.#EXT";

in this case, it would help to ensure the two gauges have different ID's.

Children