Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Scrollbar images not getting displayed in UltraChart with ASP.NET
posted

I am facing a problem with UltraChart in ASP.NET. I have enabled the scrollbars on my charts but I do not always see the chart with images. While debugging the application I am able to see the scrollbars with images, but if I delete the images, they are not recreated. 

The images in scrollbar are not always created in the ChartImages folder. And when it is not created the chart shows only placeholders of the scrollbar, which is really bad.

My first question is, if I have set the deployment scenario of my chart as Session, so why should images be created on the disk. This consumes a lot of disk space. For a single chart 60 images were created which consumes almost 50 KBs.

Secondly, why are images not created always, I just see placeholders of the scrollbars in my application which makes the chart look very ugly.

To add some info, I am using NetAdvantage for .NET 2007 Vol. 3 CLR 2.0 with ASP.NET 2.0

Parents
    posted

To the best of my knowledge, the images are only generated once, when you enable the scroll bar images through Visual Studio.  The images are not dynamically generated because they are static content (and don't vary from one request to the next).  Once you generate the images you want, they can be re-used for every request for that chart.  The images should be treated like other image resources in your application, and should not be deleted. 

Reply Children