Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Line Chart on Windows Server 2003
posted

Hello,

I am trying to render Line Chart on Windows Server 2003 environment which is my staging box. My chart is the aspx page which is in this folder D:\inetpub\wwwroot\bizcase30\rev\revcahrt.aspx. I also have ChartImages directory under rev folder.

This directory has Full Control on Network Service account and Full Control on ASPNET machine account. But yet when I try to render the graph I get the "A generic error occured in GDI+"My deployment scenario is File System. It is asking me to refer to KB article 5444.

The application bizcase30 runs part of a apppool. In the AppPool the property for Identity is set to Predefined - Network Service.

On my development box it renders properly since it is a XP box and the ASPNET machine account has fullcontrol on ChartImages folder.

Please help.

Thanks,

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

sorry for the delayed response, I just got back from a business trip & vacation.

try simplifying the problem by removing the chart and saving a normal image:

System.Drawing.Font arial = new System.Drawing.Font("Arial", 12f, System.Drawing.FontStyle.Bold);
            System.Drawing.Bitmap bmp = new System.Drawing.Bitmap(250, 250);
            System.Drawing.Graphics gfx = System.Drawing.Graphics.FromImage(bmp);
            gfx.Clear(System.Drawing.Color.White);
            gfx.DrawString("Hello World", arial, System.Drawing.Brushes.Black, System.Drawing.PointF.Empty);
            bmp.Save(@"C:\test.png", System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Png);

you can replace the path C:\test.png with the desired location of chart images.  does an exception still occur?

Children