Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to use ValueChanged Event?
posted

Hi,

I binding the webdropdown with sqldatasource, but when i choosed the dropdown item,can not cause

the ValueChanged event to fire.

Those are my codes.

CLIENT:

<ig:WebDropDown ID="dpEmp" runat="server" Width="200px"
                        EnableAutoFiltering="Client" DropDownContainerHeight="300px"
                    DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1"  TextField="CN"
                    AutoFilterQueryType="Contains" AutoFilterResultSize="100"
                    AutoFilterTimeoutMs="2000" AutoPostBack="True"
                    onvaluechanged="dpEmp_ValueChanged" DataKeyFields="Code" 
                     ValueField="Code"
                    >
                    <DropDownItemBinding TextField="CN" ValueField="Code"></DropDownItemBinding>
                    <AutoPostBackFlags SelectionChanged="On" ValueChanged="On" />
                </ig:WebDropDown>

<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server"
                    ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:ExpenseLineConnectionString %>"

SelectCommand="SELECT Code+Name AS CN, Code FROM TCCEmp WHERE (CCEmp = @CCEmp)">
                    <SelectParameters>
                        <asp:Parameter DefaultValue="E" Name="CCEmp" Type="String" />
                    </SelectParameters>
                </asp:SqlDataSource>

SERVER:

protected void dpEmp_ValueChanged(object sender, Infragistics.Web.UI.ListControls.DropDownValueChangedEventArgs e)
    {

}

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi,

Since you have AutoPostBack flags for both SelectionChanged and ValueChanged defined, value changed will never be invoked, because selection happens first, and causes a postback immediately, only after that the value change code is executed on the client, but because of the postback, it doesn't get actually executed in your case.

I suggest removing autoPostBackFlag for SelectionChanged (or setting it to Off, which is the default value). This way you will still get the selection changed events fire on the server, but only the postback will be triggered by the value change event from the client.

Hope this helps,

Angel 

Children