Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Avoid Appointment Overlapping
posted

Hi,

I am new to this Infragistics - Web schedule, Need to create a new appointment in such way that it should not overlap with other appointments or recurrences i.e.) should be linear. Appointment should not clashes with other appointment.  How can I check this property?  Is there any Events to do this?

Please guide me in doing this...

Regards,

Nagendran

Parents
No Data
    posted

The best way to do this is to make a query against the data you are using and check to see if there are any appointments that fall within your time frame already there. Do this before the appointment gets added so that you can stop the process of adding the appointment or make a change to the appointment before its finished being added. I had done this with my own WebDayView. Its not too difficult just pass the start, end, and date of the new appointment as parameters in the query and select any appointments where end > start or start < end and date = date. Then in your code you can say this.

if (Overlap Check Query Rows Count > 0)

{

some code to either end the process of adding or change the new appointment before continuing.

}

else

{

finish adding appointment.

}

Children