Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Best way to style charts?
posted

We are about to do a new dashboard project and i have to ensure that all our charts are themed the same (potentially hundreds and of many different types: pie/line/area/funnel/gauges etc). I'll be coming up with our own color scheme, font styles, spacing and placement standards etc but i will not be personally styling each chart i'd like to make it so a dev can make it look in theme with as little effort as possible. Also many of these charts will be completely implemented in code rather than in the designer.

So i had thought, ill just theme out a perfect example of each type of chart we expect to use styled programmatically and then give a bunch of code to the devs that they can paste into their code-behind. Is there a better way to do this? Some of it can probably be CSS like fonts but i may as well not use CSS since there will be lots of spacing that need to be properties set on the chart control (ie keep it all in the same place rather than spread bits of the style internally and externally). Maybe make a class that contains styles to centralize it in one place? Ideas, thoughts?