Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Page inside WebDialogWindow refreshes COMPLETELY when parent page posts back
posted

I have a "parent" web page with a toolbar button, a webmonthview, and a webdialogwindow which is initially is hidden. When the user clicks on the button, the dialogwindow is displayed with a 2nd page "child" page in its contentpane.The child page inside the webdialogwindow displays data that helps the user decide which events on the monthview on the parent page to interact with. It's expensive to get from the dbms and I don't wish to do that frequently.

Here's my problem: when the user clicks on the webmonthview header to move to the next./prev month and the parent page posts back, the child page is refreshed COMPLETELY, by which I mean it's not a postback but acts as if the page is being hit for the first time: Page.IsPostback is set to false very time. My expensive database query is executed again. Worse, viewstate for other data is lost.

This seems to happen whether or not EnableSmartCallbacks is set to true or false for the webschedule controls on the parent page. I've looked for properties to affect behavior, but have found none. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

P.S. There is too much data to send it as querystring to the child window on each postback of the parent.

Parents
No Data
    posted

Note: I have decided to submit a support incident for this, #CAS-42020-ZU6GFB. Please forgive the "cross posting", as it were, but I'm getting heat from management and customers, so I'm in a hurry.

If anyone in the community has a solution PLEASE provide. I will cancel the support incident. Conversely, if tech support comes back with a solution, I will post here.

Thanks!

-BillyB

Children