Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebExplorerBar used with user control
posted

I should preface this post by saying that I'm fairly new to ASP.Net development and very new to the Infragistics controls.  I would appreciate any help that I'm given -especially if there are any code samples out there related to what I'm trying to do.  I've researched this forum and several others and cannot find anything close to answering my question.   

I have added a user control to an ExplorerBarGroup as an ExplorerBarItem.  Physically, this seems to work well, but I cannot figure out how to access the user control's public methods from the code-behind file of my page.  When my page loads, I need to call the "LoadMeUp" method on the user control so that it will display the appropriate values.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Here is the code for the control:

<ig:WebExplorerBar ID="newStationExplorerBar" runat="server" Width="988px"  GroupContentsHeight ="">

<Groups>

<ig:ExplorerBarGroup GroupContentsHeight="" Text="Distributor">

<Items>

<ig:ExplorerBarItem>

<Template>

<uc1:ucDistInfo ID="ucDistInfo1" runat="server" />

</Template>

</ig:ExplorerBarItem>

</Items>

</ig:ExplorerBarGroup>

</Groups>

<ExpandButton AltText="Expand button"></ExpandButton>

<CollapseButton AltText="Collapse button"></CollapseButton>

</ig:WebExplorerBar>

Parents
No Data
    posted

I am also open to dynamically loading the user control and then adding it to the explorer bar, but I can't seem to figure that out either.  I can load the user control, but can't figure out how to add it to the explorer bar or to a placeholder on the explorer bar. 

I think my problem lies in the fact that it should be a templated item, but I'm not sure how to create a template using my user control.  I'm getting really frustrated because I can't find any Infragistics code samples to help me and the documentation seems to be just drag and drop stuff - not much on the code-behind access to the controls. 

Children