Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Opening a new window via WebDataMenu link - focus problem
posted

Hi there,

I've got a WebDataMenu which is used to open a new window when clicking on a menu item.  In firefox, when I click the link, the window opens fine and the focus is correct - on the new window.  In IE, however, when I click the link, the new window opens up, but focus is immediately removed from the new window and given to the opening window.  I've attempted to put in a window.focus() call at the end of my click handler, but it looks as though the focus is being stolen after the click handler has finished executing.  Is there a way of ensuring the newly opened window retains the focus for IE?

Thanks!

Parents
    posted

I have the same problem in IE 9.

I can make the window focus properly if I set ActivateOnHover = "false", but that is not the behavior I want. It seems to be related to the blurring of the menu item. I tried debugging the code and overriding the _navigateOnClick() function to set the window focus and tried setting the WebDataMenu's __cancelBlur property to false, but still no go.

Several people are obviously having this problem. Please get us a solution IG. Thanks!

Reply Children