Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to deal with a custom data model for webschedule
posted

Hi tech guru's,

I am using the infragistics 8.1, which is a recent version. I am implementing the webschedular for my project.

In my case, I have a database structure which is quite different from what is provided for the webschedular as example, I have a different set of field names. So, I started with building my custom webschedulesqlclientprovider for my custom stored procedures. But the functionality of my webschedular is similar to what is provided or meant for.

I am trying to understand, what are the objects am I supposed to customize, Should I customize only the webschedulesqlclientprovider or should I customize the

1. WebScheduleSqlClientprovider
  2. WebScheduleinfo
  3. Appointment
  4. Activity

If I have to customize the webschedulesqlclientprovider only, where can I define which stored procedure it is supposed to use.
What is the step by step process?

Please let me know if there are any sample code that is provided.
Note: I tried the article "Creating a custom data provider" in the infragistics help.

I created a project as defined in the above article, but could not figure out how to move forward from there.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sai

Parents
No Data
    posted

Is there something the WebScheduleSqlClientProvider control isn't doing for you, that you want to customize it? 

If your database is MS SQL Server, then you should be able to use the WebScheduleSqlClientProvider control and you would adapt its stored procedures to fit your own custom data model.  The stored procedures expose the interface (or contract) that the WebScheduleSqlClientProvider consumes, so as long as your custom stored procedures follow the operations and data exchanged by this interface, they can get their data from any data model.

You can find a data dictionary describing each of the tables, columns and relationships of the standard WebSchedule data model in this documentation topic under "WebSchedule" | "Data Model":

You can find descriptions of each of the stored procedures, including (vitally) the parameter names, data types, and order parameters for those stored procedures in this documentation topic under "WebSchedule" | "Stored Procedures":

This last topic also explains that you can find the installation script, which contains all of the DDL and DML for the standard WebSchedule data model schema and behaviors in the "WebSchedule2.sql" file at one of two locations, depending on whether you installed to WinXP or Vista. 

In the "WebSchedule2.sql" script you have all of the Transact-SQL that goes up against the standard WebSchedule data model, adapting it to your custom data model is a matter of modifying these stored procedures to fit your custom data model's field names.  Sometimes the adaptations aren't always going to be trivial, for example if you have alphanumeric primary keys then you would need to map these to integer keys for WebSchedule's purposes.  The more like the standard Web Schedule Data Model your custom data model is, the easier this adaptation is going to be.

Children