Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebUpload Control disappears on Async Postback in UpdatePanel
posted

Hi 

1. WebUpload Control is not behaving well with UpdatePanel. When  Async Postback occurs, WebUpload Controls disappears and when full Postback occurs it works fine.
  2. Server events are calling well for WebUpload but WebDataGrids is not updating in these events e.g. I want to show the record of uploaded files in the WebDataGrid. I update the DataSource in UploadFinished event on server side but it does not works.

If anybody know this issue please help me out.

Regards

Sheeraz

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi sheeeraz001,

1. About WebUpload control in Update Panel - yes this is bug and we will fix this for the next Service Release. Only I want to tell you that file upload control uses AJAX and updates its information async. So if it is possible for you to set WebUpload outside the update panel - this is also solution for now. Also when we fix this bug - for instance if you have uploaded 1 or 2 files and when you make the postback the control just will be re-initialized and will be at the initial state so you should not expect to be with the same information and state before the async request is made. For instance you are uploading one file and meanwhile you make async postback(and fileupload is inside update panel) Then the whole content will be updated, includeing file upload - the uploading of file will be interrupted and will be shown the upload button only(initial state).

2. About this case I am not sure what exactly you want to make. I can only suppose that when file upload is finished you want to update data source and re-bind WebDataGrid. If this is the case you should update datasource from the client - to attach to client side event of the WebUpload for file uploaded - FileUploaded and when file is successfully uploaded to update the data source. It depends on type of data source - if it is local you can update it locally and rebind WebDataGrid otherwise you can make request to update it and you should rebind datagrid to see the changes. This is only one case - I am not sure what exactly is your so  please specify more information.

Thanks,
    Miro Hristov

Children