Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebUpload - Selecting Multiple Files At A Time?
posted

Hello,

As per the current online documentation (http://help.infragistics.com/NetAdvantage/ASPNET/2011.1/CLR4.0/?page=WebUpload_Known_Issues.html), the WebUpload control currently has the following known issue:

4. When you want to upload files and the browser displays a pop-window to select items from your local drives, you are able to select only one file at a time.

Are there any current plans to enhance the control to eliminate this issue (i.e. be able to select multiple files at the same time from the pop-window)?  If so, is there a rough timeline for when that might become available?

(Our client would to be able to select multiple files from the same folder without having to re-open the file selection dialog each time.)

Thanks!

Jamie

Parents
    posted

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for posting on Infragistics forum.

The described by you behavior is known browser limitation – most of the browsers do not support multiple selection and WebForms/JavaScript controls are restricted by this limitation.

The available now a solution for this limitation is to use Flash or Silverlight components as part of the controls or for the control itself.

I have logged this functionality as a Feature Request in our Feature Tracking System since many other users are requiring the same functionality and our R&D team is researching the possible workarounds for this limitation.

We are planning to add this or similar functionality in our future versions (most probably in 11.2 version until the end of this year or in version 12.1 next year) of “WebUpload” control.

Let me know if you need further information about this question.

Reply Children