Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Excel like Grid with Support for Fromulas and Multiple Cell Select for Copy/Paste as in Excel
posted

Hi,

We are looking for a Excel-like Grid Control which supports formulas i.e, the user should be able to input formulas into individual cells and the cell values should be calculated based on the input formula so that it is sent to the back-end. We need that for an MVC project. I went through your documentation and demos but cannot find anything regarding this. Can anyone from Infragistics team please confirm if formula support is possible or not? Also, we need support for selecting and copy/pasting multiple cells as we do in Excel. Please do reply for this issue as well. I went through the Jquery Grid for MVC as well but I found it pretty basic in functionality. Please clarify this thing with repsective to Jquery grid for MVC as well.

Thanks
Sandeep

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi Sandeep,

It has been some time since your post, however in case you still need assistance I would be glad to help.

The functionality to use formulas in WebDataGrid is not currently possible out-of-the-box. I have logged a new product idea regarding this matter with our Product Management team with an ID of PI12030035. Our product team chooses new features based on popular feedback from our customer base. Infragistics continues to monitor application development for all of our customers, so as trends appear in the requested features, we can plan accordingly.

If you would like to follow up on your feature request on a later point, feel free to contact Developer Support management via email. Please include the reference number of your FR in the subject and body of your message. You can reach Developer Support management through the following email address: dsmanager@infragistics.com .

Regarding, copying and pasting data to and from Excel, I would suggest that you take a look at the following blog post:

http://blogs.infragistics.com/blogs/alex_kartavov/archive/2010/02/09/copy-paste-from-excel-to-webdatagrid.aspx

As per the JQuery toolset, the copy/paste functionality is a feature to be added in the future for the igGrid.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Children