Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Postback error
posted

Hi,

I'm working on webdatatree with a simple postback onselectionchaged as below

protected void WebDataTree1_OnSelectionChanged(object sender, Infragistics.Web.UI.NavigationControls.DataTreeSelectionEventArgs

e)

{

Label1.Text = e.NewSelectedNodes[0].Value;

//WebDataTree1.Visible = false;

}

it seem to work at first but as i load more nodes (more than 800) into the tree i got this error:

[InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.]
   System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializeDictionary(Int32 depth) +580240
   System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializeInternal(Int32 depth) +155
   System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializeList(Int32 depth) +141
   System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializeInternal(Int32 depth) +231
   System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.BasicDeserialize(String input, Int32 depthLimit, JavaScriptSerializer serializer) +80
   System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize(JavaScriptSerializer serializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit) +44
   System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.DeserializeObject(String input) +13
   Infragistics.Web.UI.Framework.ObjectBase.LoadCollectionsStateFromViewState() +182
   Infragistics.Web.UI.Framework.RunBot.HandleLoadViewState() +60
   Infragistics.Web.UI.Framework.Data.HierarchicalDataBoundControlMain.LoadViewState(Object savedState) +422
   Infragistics.Web.UI.NavigationControls.NavControl.LoadViewState(Object savedState) +194
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) +187
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(ArrayList childState) +148
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) +225
   System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +312
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +747

I tried changing the width and height does not seem to work. the tree load fine but when i click on the node i got the error as above

thank in advance.

Zaid

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hi Zaid,

Thank you for posting in the community.

Your issue may be caused by a recent .Net Framework security upgrade introduced on 12/29/2011. You can find more information on the matter in the following discussion:

http://community.infragistics.com/forums/p/64032/326979.aspx#

The matter may be avoided by chaning the MaxJsonDeserializerMembers to a value larger than the default (1000) in your page's web.config:

<configuration>
      <appSettings>
        <add key="aspnet:MaxJsonDeserializerMembers" value="1000" />
      </appSettings>
    </configuration>

Please let me know if this helps.

Children