Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
MergedCellRegion - maximum size?
posted

I'm using the 10.2 version of the Infragistics Excel library (in the Infragistics.Web namespace), and I encountered a problem.  Some searching didn't come up with anything matching this issue.

I'm using the Excel object model to create Excel outputs from my website (in 2007 format).  These are not grid exports - I'm creating Excel files from scratch in code.  When I try to create a MergedCellRegion of sufficient size, I'm getting a StackOverflowException on the MergedCellRegions.Add() call.  In my case, the merged-cell region is 5,400 rows tall and one column wide.  My initial testing never created a region nearly that size, so I don't know exactly where the breakdown is.  But other, smaller regions (a few hundred rows) seem to work fine.

The region in question is not the first thing created in the worksheet - a header row is populated prior to this.  As best as I can tell, 5,400 rows is nowhere near the maximum number of rows supported within an Excel worksheet.

Upgrading to a newer version of Infragistics isn't possible.  Has anyone experienced this behavior (and do they have any suggested workarounds, other than "don't create regions of that size")?

TIA

- Scott

Parents
No Data
    posted

Scott, I have notified Developer Support about this issue and they will be contacting you shortly. Is there a reason why you cannot upgrade? If it because you have other 10.2 controls in your application, you should know that as long as you are not using a grid exporter, you can upgrade just the Excel assembly to a newer version and it should work.

Children