Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ObjectDataSource in WebHierarchicalDataSource - how to get parent row(s) id?
posted

Sorry for a bit newbie quetion - my "first" steps with ASP :)

There are two objectdatasources assigned to WebHierarchicalDataSource.
Objectdatasource calls some function to get first and second level of data - lets say GetCustomers for level1 and GetOrders for level2.

I get first level data based on some hidden Id, after that - how can I parametrize objectdatasource to get orders only for customer being loaded or customer being expanded ?

Parents
No Data
    posted

The WebHierarchicalDataGrid control has a load on demand feature; the control only retrieves data when needed, such as when a row is expanded. The InitialDataBindDepth property controls this feature. The property is set to 0 by default, initially only loading the root data. Any numeric value thereafter determines the successive data level(s) to load at start up. A value of -1 disables load on demand and loads all data levels.

The EnableAjax property affects the manner in which data is received when using load on demand. The property is True by default and allows data retrieval to be asynchronous. If this property is False, data retrieval results in a full page postback.

Following link will give you more details regarding this featur

http://help.infragistics.com/NetAdvantage/ASPNET/2012.1/CLR4.0/?page=WebHierarchicalDataGrid_Load_On_Demand.html

Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this matter.

Children