Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Use the row edit template to scroll through multiple rows
posted

I am using a web data grid. I like how my row edit template looks. I am trying to find out if I can edit (or add) multiple rows at one time. For example I have a record being displayed in a row edit template. On the bottom where I normally have the Ok or Cancel button. I want to display Ok, Cancel and arrow right and left. Repersenting  the next or previous record.

Can I do that?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Abby,

Regarding  your question, you can enable BatchUpdating of the EditingCore property in order to modify multiple rows at once. Any changes will be committed to the datasource on a postback which updates the grid. About the row adding you can try using the row editing template like custom approach for adding new rows, for instance the following link explains how to do that: http://ko.infragistics.com/community/forums/t/69109.aspx Note that this customization may not work in all scenarios as the row editing template is not designed for adding rows. To represent the next and previous record, you can add two new buttons for these actions and handle their click events. A possible approach would be to keep track of the currently edited row's index (starting by handling the TemplateOpened event) and toggle the row being edited on the (clientside) click events of the created Next and Previous buttons. For more clarity I am attaching you a sample below. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

Tsanna Belcheva

WebDataGridSample.zip
Children