Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ASP.Net WebData Grid - Add row example?
posted

I am so confused. I have a complex web page that basically has 3 tabs and each tab has a datagid on it. In my opinion the row edit template is the cleanest way of entering in data. My users want to type and go method. They don't need the UI row edit to come up. So now I am looking into adding/editing the row at the row level on the grid. I am working on the add portion of it. I have cells that are date and require a drop down. How can I get them to appear in the add row? For the date, all I get is a masked text box. No drop down calendar. The cells that need to be a drop down are just text boxes.

Can someone point me in the direction of a good example?

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Abby,

Thank you for your patience.

The WebDataGrid currently supports only cell by cell editing and the UI Row Editing Template form, which allows the user to modify one or more data elements in the current row. If you want to enter the whole row in edit mode, then I would suggest you to consider using the jQuery igGrid control, which provides the ability to edit row values. Here you can find some useful samples about igGrid features: http://ko.infragistics.com/products/jquery/sample/grid/all-features-enabled

About using drop down while adding row, you first need to add DropDownProvider to the grid following these steps: http://ko.infragistics.com/help/topic/e4740037-316e-4b59-9b55-8ab82ae20951 and then enable Row Adding behavior and set for the ColumnSettings the ColumnKey which should correspond to the key of the column and EditorID which should correspond to the id of the editor. For your reference is attached a sample that demonstrates  RowAdding with drop down editor provider. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Tsanna

WDGRowEditTemplate.zip
Reply Children