Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
insertAtCaret not working in IE11
posted

When I try to insert text into the infragistics web editor it fails in the javascript for the method insertAtCaret. The error is 'Unable to get property 'startContainer' of undefined or null reference'. It is occurring at line 428 when I debug the javascript 

var src,afterNode,cont=range.startContainer,pos=range.startOffset;

Is there any way to use this method in IE11? 

Thanks

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello,

 Thank you for contacting us.

 About this issue, could you please give me your exact product version, also keep in mind that support of "insert" action in IE is rather limited (compare to other browsers) and IE does not support inserting objects, but only strings. It automatically generates objects if inserted string can be interpret as html objects. That problem with IE forces the editor to convert inserted objects to string before doing actual insert.

 If application needs to insert an object, then it should use object, but not string.

Example:
    var img = document.createElement('IMG');
    img.src = './arrow_black.gif';
    _editor.insertAtCaret(img);

 It will be highly appreciated if you could send me isolated sample reproducing the issue.

 Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reply Children