Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDataMenu Display Issue
posted

Hi, I cannot find a lot of examples about the WebDataMenu, but I tried a simple page where I added 2 subitems. The problem I have is that the sub-items cannot be displayed outside the control. What am I missing?

<html>

<head>

<title>test</title>

</head>

<body bgcolor="#eff3ff">

<form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server">

<ig:WebScriptManager ID="WebScriptManager1" runat="server"></ig:WebScriptManager>

<ig:WebDataMenu ID="WebDataMenu1" runat ="server">

<GroupSettings Orientation="Horizontal"/>

<Items>

<ig:DataMenuItem Text="File"></ig:DataMenuItem>

<ig:DataMenuItem Text="Edit">

<Items>

<ig:DataMenuItem Text="Child Item1">

</ig:DataMenuItem>

<ig:DataMenuItem Text="Child Item2">

</Items>

</Items>

</ig:WebDataMenu>

</form>

</body>

</html>

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Adrian,

I created a project to investigate this post, and the child items appear when I hover over "Edit" in the menu.

Could you please clarify what you mean by "sub-items cannot be displayed outside the control"?  If you mean that the child items do not appear, could you please specify the browser and the version of our product?

I did this through the designer and the generated .aspx code is almost exactly the same as what you posted.  If you'd like me to attach the sample project, I can do that.  I have attached an image of the result.

Elizabeth Albert
    Localization Engineer 

Children