Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Default values in AddRow
posted

I have a WebDataGrid with Row Adding enabled.  I have a column for partNumber, one for PO, and one column contains a dropdown list.  Outside the grid, I have a textbox, radiobuttons, and a search button. 

1. How do I set a default value for the dropdown list in the addRow?  Setting Selected="True" in the editor control does not accomplish this.

2. Depending on the radio button selection, I need either partNumber or PO in the addRow to default to the textbox text after the search is performed.  How would I set this?

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello Jesse,

In this scenario setting the values of the adding row fields can be achieved using something similar to:

ig_controls.WebDataGrid1.get_behaviors().get_editingCore().get_behaviors().get_rowAdding().get_row().get_cell(3).set_value("some new value");

Note that setting the value for a field with a dropdown provider in that fashion would set the current value for the dropdown provider as well.

Hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Children