Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Refresh GridView without rebuilding.
posted

I have a gridview that occupies half of an iPad screen and that's displayed over the top of a map.

As I understand it, when you assign a datasource to the grid, that triggers all the calls to build/rebuild the gridview.

I would have thought that building the grid by assigning the datasource would also have refreshed the UI to reflect the new values from the datasource.

This happens initially, when there is no gridview at all, but after the gridview is built, you can assign a new set of data to the datasource, but it doesn't seem to reflect the new information in the grid.

Anyway, I threw in a call to updateData after the assignment of the datasource, and that seemed to work.

theGridViewUI.dataSource = self;

[theGridViewUI updateData];

Am I correct in assuming that the call to updateData, is not triggering the rebuilding of the grid and calling of all the CellAt methods again? 

I think it just refreshes the UI's display without building the grid, correct?

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi David,

Are you setting the dataSource property after adding the grid to the view? Doing this will cause the grid to render itself when the view is loaded. Additionally, I added a sample to this reply to demonstrate what I asked in case you needed a reference.

GridRollYourOwnData_ObjC.zip
Reply Children