Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Can I combine IGSplineSeries with IGRelativeStrengthIndexIndicator?
posted

Can I add IGRelativeStrengthIndexIndicator to a chart that has IGSplineSeries? I tried it already but it does not work. Only the IGRelativeStrengthIndexIndicator is displayed on the chart.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

The relative strength indicator will change the range of the axis, typically to a 0-100 range. If your spline series data is above or below that range, you will not see it.
    Try using two separate Y axes, one for the spline series and one for the indicator.

Here's a quick example of having a spline and the indicator on the same chart, but different Y axes. Note, that the data isn't very useful, as there are only a few data points. The indicator needs to have quite a bit more points to make sense. This is primarily to illustrate the approach.

NSArray *data = @[@5, @6, @3];
        NSArray *openValues = @[@5, @16, @15,];
        NSArray *closeValues = @[@15, @6, @23];
        NSArray *highValues = @[@20, @20, @29];
        NSArray *lowValues = @[@1, @0, @5];  

_chart = [[IGChartView alloc]initWithFrame:self.view.frame];

_categoryHelper = [[IGCategorySeriesDataSourceHelper alloc]initWithValues:data];

_ohlcHelper = [[IGOHLCSeriesDataSourceHelper alloc]initWithOpenValues:openValues highValues:highValues lowValues:lowValues andCloseValues:closeValues];

[_chart addSeriesForType:[IGSplineSeries class] usingKey:@"series" withDataSource:_categoryHelper firstAxisKey:@"x" secondAxisKey:@"y"];

[_chart addSeriesForType:[IGRelativeStrengthIndexIndicator class] usingKey:@"rsi" withDataSource:_ohlcHelper firstAxisKey:@"x" secondAxisKey:@"y2"];

[self.view addSubview:_chart];

Children