Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
high memory consumption of Series
posted

Hey Infragisitics Team,

my example iPad App has high memory consumption by using 36,000 datapoints. Each series of ChartView allocate more than 100 MB of RAM. Is that normal? I have two Series with IGCategoryDateTimeXAxis.

The example App contains one view with two Charts (one MainChart and one ZoombarChart as RangeSelector). I create a model object for this data points with two properties. One date property and one value property. For data binding The IGCategoryDateSeriesDataHelper produce for each series a sequence of IGDatePoint. I build the chart view like the guideline from Developer Guideline.

Is there a best practice solution to reduce the memory consumption? Finally, both series use the same data.

Kind regards,

ChartView.zip
Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello Josef,

I was running your sample though the memory allocation instruments and I wanted to get some clarification on what you are seeing.  Are you seeing a lot of Transient objects and memory usage or Live Memory Usage and Live objects.  

In our tests here we are seeing an increased number of transient objects and believe we have identified some issues, but I wanted to ensure that you were reporting that behavior. 

Thank you for the sample, it helped a lot in seeing the issue.

Children