Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Sorting, icons and valuebasedappearance
posted

Let's say I have to display green button icon for column value "1", yellow for column value "2" and red for "3" . I have two requirements 

1. Column shows both value and its associated icon. ie. Column value shows "1" <green button icon>, "2" <yellow button icon>,  "3" <red button icon>

2. Columns shows only the icon representing the value 

Questions:

a. From reading the forum, valuebasedappearance seems to help me achieve both requirements very easily. Is that correct?

b. How would I achieve sorting of the columns in requirement #1 and requirement #2 ?

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

a) I don't think so. I think you could acheive option 1 here, but not option 2. The ValueBasedAppearance doesn't give you any good way to hide the text of the cell as far as I know. 

It sounds to me like you just need a ValueList on the column and you can assign an Appearance to the ValueListItems on the list.The cell will pick up the appearance of the selected item on the ValueList. The ValueList.DisplayStyle allows you to show just a picture with no text.

b) You don't have to do anything. The column will be sorted by it's displayed text. 

Reply Children