Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Have one WinGrid cell span two columns
posted

Hi,

I need to have one cell in a WinGrid span two columns. From reading posts in the forum it sounds like it might not be possible to merge cells in a row (only in a column), but I wanted to check and make sure before having to tell the customer that we can't do that.

I saw a reference to something called CellMerging in a few forum posts, but there's no reference to this in any of the documentation, so I'm not sure how to even test that out.

Thanks for your help!

Jim Honeycutt

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Jim,

I imagine you can't find CellMerging because it's usually called MergeCell. But anyway, you are correct in that the grid only merges cells in the same colmun, you can't merge across rows. 

However, when I say Merge, I'm talking about taking two adjacent cells in the same row with the same value and combining them into one cell in only some rows of the grid.If you want a cell to span across two other cells in every row of the grid, then you can do this using RowLayouts. But it's not based on the value of the cell, so this isn't really cell merging, it's just spanning. 

So what you want may be possible - depending on exactly what you mean by merging cells.

Reply Children