Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Bitwise operators/functions
posted

Haven't been able to find this while looking/reserching. Is there some way to do bitwise operations (esp. Bitwise AND) using the CalcManager? I'm specifically looking for the ability to parse a decimal flag set for a formula for a valueBasedAppearance. As far as I can tell the logical AND function doesn't work this way (and probably shouldn't). Since Excel 2013, there have been functions for this in Excel (BITAND, etc.). Am I missing something, or is this a feature request ?

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

I don't believe that we have added any new functions since the release of Office 2013. So if those functions are fairly recent, then CalcManager probably does not support them. Also... the CalcManager function names are all the same as Excel's function names and I don't see a BITAND function.

I recommend that you Submit a Feature Request and perhaps these will be added in the future.

In the mean time, you could implement your own custom functions if you wanted to. How you do this is demonstrated in a sample called UserDefinedLibrary.

If you installed the samples, it would be under a folder something like:

...\2015.1\Samples\Legacy\CalcManager\CS\UserDefinedLibrary.CS

Reply Children