Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Visual Studio 2010 is not responding or slowly responding while loading toolbox items
posted

Hello,

occasionally VS2010 takes a lot of time when I open the Toolbox.

I created a log file and as far as I can see, the infragistics packages are not installed properly? I renamed the log file from .txt to .xml and loaded it into MS excel. Then I filtered for error.

To upload the file i zipped it.

vslog.zip

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Wolfgang,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics.

I reviewed your log file and it appears the issue may be a result of one of our extensions in Visual Studio. Are you using the Toolbox Utility or simply opening a forms designer and allowing Visual Studio to create the toolbox and tabs automatically on it's own?

Which version of our controls do you have installed? From your log I see multiple versions (eg. 15.2, 16.2, 17.1)

1. The first thing I would try is uninstalling the Infragistics Visual Studio Extension and Version Utility. You can achieve this by rerunning the installer for Windows Forms and access the menus where it asks to install extensions and uncheck it all.

2. If the issue doesn't go away then we may need a new log file and start uninstalling older versions of Infragistics until you have all but one volume installed at a given time.

3. Once you have only one version of Infragistics installed then you can reopen visual studio (with a new winforms application) and see if VS has any trouble.

4. If you are able to generate a toolbox from that first volume, then you can proceed by closing any instances of Visual Studio and reinstall the next volume(s) you need and repeat the same steps to add the toolbox individually.

5. Once all the volumes are installed and have toolbox tabs added in Visual Studio, you can proceed by reinstalling the Visual Studio Extensions and Version Utility.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Children