Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Tabbed group prevents form close
posted

Hi,

I have a really odd one here:

I have an mdi child form which won't close when I have a tabbed group on it. My circumstances are:

I have an Mdi Parent form which opens an Mdi child form which is using an ultradock control I noticed that I could open many child windows, but the last one refuses to close. This also means that my mdiparent refuses to close (when hitting the close button on the mdi parent).

By a process of elimination I discovered it's do with the tabbed group. I tried the following:

• Remove the ultradockmanager - all forms close as expected.
  • Add the dock manager back with no controls docked - all forms close as expected
  • Dock a panel using a vertical splitter - all forms close as expected.
  • Dock another panel as a tabbed group - form fails to close.

I added a form closing event to the form (with nothing in it) and in all but the last circumstance e.cancel is coming into the event as "false" as expected. In the final failing circumstance it is coming through as "true" - which is odd.

I also tried opening multiple child forms and closing them - in all but the last form e.closing contains "false".And strangely having hacked my project about the child form is closing, but the main form still won't when the last child form is open ...

Please help!

Nick.

Parents
No Data
    posted

Being on a bit of a deadline I thought I'd be clever and find a way around the problem. So I created a horizontal dock area and docked a tab control in it manually. Unfortunately this appears to be cause the same problem. I'm going to try with a tab control and see if that works...

Children