Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Store additional metadata in DisplayLayout
posted

(version 19.1.20191.82)

A colleague wrote a custom `FilterCondition` a while ago, and when applied to a column, it automatically gets stored as part of the DisplayLayout. That is, if I later on call `grid.DisplayLayout.LoadFromXml()`, I get the same filter settings back. It appears they accomplished this by implementing `ISerializable` as well as having a constructor with `SerializationInfo` and `StreamingContext`.

I now wanted to do the same for a custom `GroupByComparer` and `GroupByEvaluator`. However, the same approach doesn't appear to work — when saving the layout, `ISerializable.GetObjectData` is never called.

Is there a way to store the GroupByComparer and/or GroupByEvaluator in the layout? Failing that, is there a more generalized way to add additional information to the layout (ideally, associated with the respective column)?

Parents Reply Children